Wednesday, September 22, 2010

CD14 of C2

Still have a few left-sided ovary twinges. They aren't as strong as they have been, so I'm guessing either I O'ed yesterday or will sometime today. It will be hard to pin point it exactly without temping or OPKs.

I've been working on drinking more water. Experts say that can help with proper CM production. Some of you who haven't done much research into ttc may think I'm crazy to keep worrying about CM. But, without a proper amount of CM sperm cannot live for more than a couple of hours. When CM conditions are right sperm can live for 2-5 days, and there have also been documented cases of sperm fertilizing an egg 8 days after bding. The longer the sperm live, the more likelihood of them waiting right at the spot where the egg is released.

So, anyways, I've been drinking more water. Not just for ttc, but to also be healthier. Plus, it'll be good to be in the habit of drinking the correct amount of water for when I do become pregnant, and then afterward for nursing. There's a difference in opinion between experts as to what is the proper amount of water intake during pregnancy, and for post-pregnancy lactation. The consensus seem to be somewhere between 2 and 3 liters per day. So, my personal minimum is 2 liters (which is about almost 68 ounces), but eventually I would like to get to about 2 1/2 liters a day (at least while ttc, pregnant, or lactating) which is about 85 ounces or so. I've done well this week with my 2 liter goal. I'm hoping I can keep it up. I definitely did not drink enough water when I was pregnant with Joseph or while I was trying to nurse afterward. I'll keep you all updated on my water intake goal.

I have a little bit of a sore throat right now too. I think it's because the weather keeps going from hot to cold then to hot and back to cold. It's probably just something to do with allergies.

So, it's just about time to begin the 2ww. This is the toughest time for those ttc. I constantly wonder if things were right for conception, and if every little twinge my body has is somehow related to pregnancy. As I stated before, I just don't think this is the month. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment