Saturday, September 25, 2010

CD17 of C2

Let me tell you a little story. Back on December 17, 2007 I went to the ER with severe abdominal pains on my left side. I was pretty certain that I had a cyst (I had a very large ovarian cyst removed more than a year prior to this). I was most concerned because the one I had surgically removed was so large, I was told at the time it was removed that had it ruptured or continued to grow at the rate it was the results could have been fatal because it was so entangled in the ovarian blood supply. So, when I had this pain, I was anxious to get it checked out. It was the same side as the surgery and I didn't want anything bad to happen if I ignored it. That day they did a pregnancy test. Probably to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. It came back negative, but I knew it would. My period had started only 14 days before that, so being only 14 days into my cycle I knew I was not pregnant. After some scans and further tests they were able to diagnose me with a ruptured ovarian cyst. I was given pain medication and discharged. I really believed that month of ttc was out based on everything that had happened in the ovarian region. Little did I know that I would be getting my BFP on CD 38 just 24 days later. When I went in for my first OB appointment my doctor had pulled up the tests from December, and he was pretty confident that when I had went to the ER I had either just Oed or was about to.

So, anytime I have bad pain around ovulation I get a little excited because I know that's exactly how things happened while ttc Joseph. I think my ovulating is painful because of the PCOS. Regardless, I have been having some deep, very strong pains on the left side over the last couple of days. Either I have another cyst, or I guess just really painful egg release. I'm not extremely optimistic about this cycle, but what's going on has given me a little nudge in the optimistic direction.

I'm still feeling pretty crummy from this summer cold or whatever it is I have. Haven't had anymore EWCM or anything else really symptomatic. I've been extremely thirsty yesterday and today (which was the first oddity I experienced in my cycle of conceiving Joseph) but I think it has more to do with how much congestion I have (and the scratchy throat the congestion is causing).

Here are some interesting statistics:

  • Only 25% of couples with get pregnant during their first cycle of trying.
  • 50% of couples conceive within 4 months of ttc.
  • 85-90% of couples will get pregnant within 12 months of ttc.

No comments:

Post a Comment