Monday, July 4, 2011

CD1 of C7

So here we are.. Cycle 7. Seven is my favorite number so maybe it will bring some luck this month.

C6 was the shortest cycle I've had in some time. In fact if I'm not mistaken this will have been the shortest cycle I've had since ttc baby #2. I honestly cannot remember having a cycle less than 30 days since I was on BCP and right after I stopped taking it.

I have a couple of theories on the shorter cycle. First of all, maybe with my weight loss (47lbs thus far) my cycles are getting closer to that average 28 day cycle. I may also have had an anovulatory cycle (since I didn't really feel anything from my ovaries this month) and those cycles where you don't ovulate can be shorter (or longer) than normal. I read some where today that weight loss can bring on anovulatory cycles which is a possibility, but based on the fact that my weight loss has been slow and gradual I don't think this is necessarily the issue. I also read that illness can cause you to not ovulate and I did spend a huge portion of this cycle sick.

It's frustrating to no end though. I knew AF was coming last night and I cried myself to sleep. It's hard not to feel like a failure.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, such a disappointment! *hugs* DH and I will be starting our own efforts in TTC after the new year, and I know I will be in tears each time AF arrives...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry everytime AF makes her appearance.. and all through-out AF.. and right before she shows again. Never ending! Uhhh but congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome :) Hope lucky #7 is the one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually cry too. This month was different just because it meant I could start trying again. I hope #7 is the one too! I hope this month is the month for both of us!

    ReplyDelete