Friday, July 8, 2011

CD5 of C7

Thank you for all the love and support on my last post. I really appreciate the kind words. I'm so glad that I can belong to a community who understands what's going on and respond accordingly. I only hope I can bring you all such love and support in your time of need as well.

On one of the other ttc blogs I follow, the writer always has a reward for herself when AF shows. She indulges in huge amounts of sushi and some red wine. We've been trying for quite a while now and I am getting to a point that with every passing month and every new AF I am really wrecked and sad. So, I am planning on adopting this tradition as well. A reward will give me something to look forward to. This AF I let myself indulge in one of my favorite meals (which is way too many calories and fat to eat on a regular basis). With my dieting and working so hard to watch what I eat I don't think it will be a good idea to continue with a food reward. So when AF shows up in August I will reward myself with a mani/pedi combo. That shouldn't hurt my diet at all. And each month after that I will come up with a new reward.

I have also decided I will not cut my hair. I haven't decided if I will not cut it until I get pregnant or until I give birth. I'm thinking the latter. I will of course get trims when needed but there will be no drastic amount taken off until at the very least I know there is a child in my womb.

I bought some OPKs from Amazon.com. I got 50 tests for under $10. I'm not using them for timing. Honestly we BD enough that timing should not be an issue. I'm going to use them for the same reason I tried to back a few months ago. I want to see if I'm ovulating. I want to see if I'm even having an LH surge. When I tried it back a while ago I never got a true positive. Part of me wonders if I ovulate early and it happened before I began testing. That being said and in combination with my shorter cycle last time around I have begun testing already. Perhaps I ovulate way earlier than I think I do. But, again it's not for timing it's just to see that surge. I don't follow the SMEP in it's entirety, but we do usually BD to their minimum guidelines. OPKs won't change that. I've said it before and I'll say it again married couples should never only use sex as a means to procreate. What a sad sex life you have if you are only having sex when the OPKs tell you to.

So anyways, CD5 of C7. AF is coming to a close. No positive (obviously) on my OPK. I did get a darker line than I expected so I will continue to test in the coming days. But that's about it. Really too early for anything else to be happening yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment